- The Bank of Zambia has made a provision towards the cost of motor vehicles and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this provision to cover the eligible payments under the contracts for the supply and delivery of motor vehicles.
- The Bank of Zambia now invites sealed bids from interested eligible bidders for the supply and delivery of motor vehicles as detailed below:
|1||4 WHEEL DRIVE DOUBLE CAB MOTOR VEHICLE||03|
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding Documents at the Bank of Zambia, 7th Floor, annex Building or Bank of Zambia, Regional Office-Ndola. The Fax numbers are 01-221648 or 02 614251. HOWEVER, BIDS SUBMITTED VIA FACSMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders from either the Bank of Zambia , 7th Floor Annex Building, Cairo Road, Lusaka or from Bank of Zambia, Regional Office, Buteko Avenue, Ndola upon payments of a non-refundable fee of Five Hundred Kwacha Rebased (K500.00) inclusive of VAT or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency at the prevailing exchange rate, in cash or Bankers Cheque
- Sealed bids may be deposited in the tender box situated on the 7th Floor, Annex Building, Bank of Zambia, Cairo Road, Lusaka, on or before Wednesday, 8th June 2016 at 10:00 hours local time and must be accompanied by a bid Security of at least 2% of the bid sum or a bid Security declaration form. The bid security must be in the form of(a) a bank Certified cheque or (b) a Bank Guarantee or (c) bid Bond issued by an Insurance Firm or (d) an irrevocable Letter of Credit issued by a reputable bank acceptance to the Bank of Zambia or a Bid Declaration form duly signed by the company’s top management . Late, faxed and electronic bids will be rejected. Tenders will be opened thereafter in the presence of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend.
- The Bank of Zambia shall, in evaluating a bid, adjust the bid price in order to facilitate preferential evaluation of a bid as follows:
- for a Citizen-influenced company, by 4%
- for a Citizen-empowered company, by 8%
- For a Citizen- owned company, 12%, and Nationality of the bidder shall not be a condition for eligible.
- Prospective Bidders are invited to attend a pre-bid conference on Wednesday, 18th may, 2016 at 14:30 hour’s local time in the procurement and maintenance conference room, 7th Floor, Annex Building Lusaka.
- Prospective bidders are reminded to bring with them identification cards/information to facilitate their entry into the Bank.