Deadline: 1 May 2015
The Royal Commonwealth Society calls writers to participate in the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2015.The competition aims to promote literacy, creativity and expression among young people. The Commonwealth essay competition is based on important issues such as gender inequality, poverty, child labor, education, and sustainable development.
Prizes of the essay competition includes certificates, visit to Cambridge University, resources for winner’s school, a trip to London, a week of activities, featuring of entry in worldwide media, and work experience at international organization. There are two winning categories:
- Junior Awards Categories (under 14 age) – It includes junior prize winner, junior runner up, gold awards, silver awards, and bronze awards.
- Senior Awards Categories (between 14-18 age) – It includes senior prize winner, senior runner up, gold awards, silver awards, and bronze awards.
The Royal Commonwealth Society, founded in 1868, is a network of individuals and organizations committed to improving the lives and prospects of Commonwealth citizens across the world. Through youthempowerment, education and advocacy, the Royal Commonwealth Society promotes the value and the values of the Commonwealth.
- Residents of commonwealth countries (Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize,Botswana, Brunei, Cameroon, Canada, Cyprus, Dominica, Fiji, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica,Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru,New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Kingdom, Vanuatu, Zambia) are eligible to participate.
- Candidate must select a Senior or Junior topic depending on their age on 1st May 2015.
- One candidate is allowed to submit only one essay.
- The maximum word counts are 1500 words for senior entries and 750 words for junior entries.
- Essays can only be uploaded in either word doc. or pdf format.
How to Apply
Candidates are requested to submit entry online before the deadline. Offline submissions will be accepted where internet connection is an issue.
For more information, visit RCS.