A Zambia based non-governmental organization whose core business is information dissemination, wishes to engage the services of a ZICA registered audit firm to provide auditing services for the year ending 31 December 2014.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The main objective of the assignment is to provide an opinion on the Institute’s financial statements
SCOPE OF WORK
The External Auditors will be required to perform the following but not limited to:
- Examine the underlying records supporting the institute’s financial statements;
- Review the set of financial statements to determine whether they present a fair view of the institute’s operations;
- Prepare an audit report and opinion on the Financial Statements for the year then ended; and
- Prepare a management letter highlighting the institute’s areas of importance.
The execution of the audit will be undertaken at the institute’s office.
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
The audit exercise is expected to be completed within one month from the commencement date.
Applicant audit firms are expected to meet the following minimum requirements in order to qualify for short listing:
- A minimum of five years experience in external auditing; Experience with audit of NGOs will be a requirement;
- Availability of qualified and skilled staff in accounting and auditing at associate and fellow level (attach CVs for key staff);
- Proof of registration with the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
- SUBMISSIONS OF PROPOSALS
The Institute requests audit firms responding to this call for expression to submit the following documents:
- The firm’s detailed profile
- Copies of relevant certificates i.e., Registration and valid current Practicing Certificate
- Copies of CVs for key personnel
- At least three references from past and existing clients.
- Proposed methodology and work plan
(a) A cover letter not exceeding one and half pages, summarizing the firms’ general strengths in relation to this call and an indicative quotation for provision of the external audit services stating whether VAT inclusive or exclusive.
Applicant audit firms should submit the proposals in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Expression of Interest for External Audit Services – Technical and Financial Proposals” addressed to:The Executive Director Panos Institute Southern Africa Plot 9028 Buluwe Road Woodlands LUSAKA Closing date: 21“ October 2014