Zambia Educational Publishing House is inviting interested Audit firms to apply to undertake external audit services for three financial years.
Zambia Educational Publishing House (ZEPH) is a Statutory Body registered under Cap 145’of the Laws of Zambia under the Ministry of Education, Science, Vocational Training and Early Education.
The House’s core businesses are in Publishing, Printing and Distribution of educational materials national wide.
OVERALL SCOPE (OBJECTIVE)
To undertake an audit of books of accounts for the financial years 2.005 to 2.007 based on Compliance and Performance audits.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- Perform audits in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of External Auditing (Standards),
- Testing and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the organization’s systems of internal controls and to make appropriate recommendations.
- Review the systems established by management to ensure compliance with those policies, laws, regulations and controls that could have a significant impact on operations and determine whether the organizations is in compliance with its financial, administrative and property management procedures.
- Report the identified amount in case there are any missing supporting documents.
- Ensure that the organization adheres to the corporate governance requirements as prescribed in the organization’s internal rules and regulations,
- Identity specific deficiencies and areas of weakness in systems and controls and make recommendations; for improvement,
- Identity any matters that come to the auditor’s attention during the audit that might have a significant impact on the organization.
- Prepare a management letter containing the audit findings during the audit process and make recommendations for addressing any identified weaknesses and present them in priority to Management.
- Audited Financial Statement
- Management letter
- Ensure that the necessary inputs for the assignment are available;
- Participate in necessary meetings and reviews.
The consultant shall report to the Board of Directors
CONTENT OF PROPOSAL
- Technical Component:
The technical component (How you propose to undertake the assignment and work plan) of the proposal should be concisely presented and structured in the following order to include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following information:
- Description of the Firm and the Firms’ qualifications, a brief description of your firm/institution and an outline of recent experience or projects of a similar nature. You should also provide references and any information that will facilitate our evaluation of your firm/institution’s substantive reliability and capacity to provide the services;
- Understanding of the Requirements for. Services, including any assumptions as well as comments on the date i as indicated in the TORs or as you may otherwise believe to be necessary;
- Proposed Approach, Methodology, Timing and Outputs. This may include any comments or suggestions on the TOR, as well as your detailed description of the manner in which your firm/institution. would respond to the TOR. You should include the implementation schedules;
- Proposed personnel to carry out the assignment and their C. Vs. The composition of the team you propose to provide, with their qualifications and experience, to be accompanied by their curriculum vitae;
- List of similar assignments done with details of the contact persons.
The Financial Component (Either cost per day or a consolidated fee for the entire assignment in Zambia
Kwacha should contain an overall quotation in a single currency. The budget should cover all costs which should be valid for a period of not less than 60 days. In addition, the price component must cover all the services to be provided and must itemize the following:
- Total cost of the assignment (indicating nature and breakdown);
- A proposed schedule of payments.
SUBMITTING AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Interested audit firms should send to the following
- A cover letter introducing the evaluator and how the skills and competencies described above are met and giving concrete examples,
- A CV detailing relevant skills and experience and including referees (not more than 4 pages);
- Proposal on how to undertake the tasks (work plan);
- A budget covering all costs which should be valid for a period of not less than 90 days.
The Expressions of Interest must be deposited in the Tender Box on the Ground Floor near the reception at the Zambia Educational Publishing House Headquarters, Chishango Road, Lusaka, on or before 30th October 2014 at 10:310 hours local time. The Expressions of Interest will be opened thereafter in the Boardroom, on the First Floor in the Presence of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend.
All Expressions of Interest should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed toThe Managing Director Zambia Educational Publishing House p.o Box 32708, Chishango Road, Lusaka, Zambia