ZESCO Limited as a Corporation annually clears the wayleave for power lines throughout the country. The exercise which is done by ZESCO Limited and contractors is undertaken so as to protect power lines from bush fires that would otherwise damage the poles for the lines and line hardware thereby disrupting smooth supply of electricity to the customers.
ZESCO Limited now invites sealed expressions of interest (EOI) from organizations/associations that are registered to help the vulnerable groups in their Communities who wish to be shortlisted to clear the way leave throughout the country on a one off contract basis at ZESCO’s standard rates per hectare. The allocation of the wayleave to contractors shall be per district/town and selected lines in line with ZESCO’s requirements.
This expression of interest is only open to organisations registered to assist the vulnerable groups in society. The bidders will be required to meet the following;
- Proof of registration with registrar of societies/PACRA;
- Proof of tax registration/tax clearance by the Zambia Revenue Authority;
- Provide evidence of the Physical location of the organization/association and contact details such telephone/fax or mobile numbers for the executive committee members where applicable;
- Proof of Zambian Nationality of the executive members of the association/organization;
- Proof of banking details;
- Proof that the organization/association is a non-profit making institution;
- Documentary evidence from the Government through the Ministry of Community Development and Social Welfare that the organization/association serves the vulnerable groups such as women, youths, the physically disabled, people living with HIV and Aids;
- i) Provide evidence that tools, protective clothing, and own transport would be available for the assignment;
- j) The EOI should state the selected town/district. No organization/association shall be allowed to apply to
carry out bush clearing in an area where they are not based/have no physical presence; and k) The rate to be used shall be determined by ZESCO.
(Please Note: Where PROOF is required, attach copies thereof – except for (i) which will be done physically by the local ZESCO Office.)
The EOI must be deposited in the tender box situated at the ZESCO Procurement Building, at ZESCO Limited Head Office in Lusaka for bidders in Lusaka and to ZESCO Regional Offices in Kitwe, Ndola, Mongu, Kasama, Mansa, Chipata, Livingstone, Kabwe, Luanshya, Solwezi, Mufulira, and Chingola clearly marked “Tender Number ZESCO/006/2015 – WAYLEAVE CLEARING FOR 2015″ and addressed to the “Senior Manager – Procurement”. THE APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED IN REGIONAL OFFICES MUST BE DEPOSITED WITH THE OFFICE OF THE REGIONAL MANAGER BEFORE THE STATED TIME AND DATE. LATE EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST SHALL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The closing date for receipt of EOI shall be on Friday, 27th February 2015 at 10:30 hours local time.
By past precedent, the Chiefs and their subjects in their respective locality need not apply as ZESCO shall allocate the lines to them in line with ZESCO’s technical drawings for all the lines that pass through various chiefdoms.