- ZSIC Limited on behalf of its subsidiaries, i.e ZSIC General Insurance Limited and ZSIC Life Limited has made provisions towards the cost of Supply, Installation, testing and commissioning of One (INo.) Passenger Lift at ZSIC General Insurance Limited, Premium House, Lusaka and Three (3NO.) Passenger Lifts at ZSIC Life Limited, Woodgate House, Lusaka, 39 Collet House, Ndola and Ex-Legal Building, Kitwe and intends to apply part of the funds to cover payments under the Contract.
- ZSIC Limited on behalf of its subsidiaries hereby invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Supply, Installation, testing and commissioning of One (INO.) Passenger Lift at ZSIC General Insurance Limited, Premium House, Lusaka and Three (3NO.) Passenger Lifts at ZSIC Life Limited, Woodgate House, Lusaka, 39 Collet House, Ndola and Ex-Legal Building, Kitwe:
- This tender is subject to the Preferential and Reservation Scheme as per Clause 63 of the Public Procurement Act Number 12 of 2008 and restricted to Zambian-owned firms whose shareholding is, at least, 50.1%.
- Bidders are being invited to submit bids and may obtain further information from, and inspect the bidding documents at ZSIC Limited, 1st Floor, Premium House, Independence Avenue, Lusaka. The fax numbers are +260 211 222263. HOWEVER, BIDS SUBMITTED VIA FACSMILE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- The bidder shall furnish as part of its bid 2% of the bid sum in the form of bond guarantee or bank certified cheque.
- A bidder is allowed, at its option, to bid for one lot or all the lots, but in each case bidders must quote for all items and quantities specified for the lot quoted. Bidders not quoting for the quantities specified for all items in a lot will be considered as non-responsive. The basis for bid evaluation and contract award will be by individual lot basis or a combination of lots, and ZSIC Group of Companies will award the contract(s) to the most economical and qualitative combination.
- Bidding documents in English may be purchased by bidders from ZSIC Limited, Is‘ Floor, Premium House, Independence Avenue, Lusaka upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Five Hundred Kwacha (K500.00), in cash or Bankers’ cheque.
- Sealed bids must be deposited in the tender box situated on the 1st Floor at ZSIC Limited, Premium House, Independence Avenue, Lusaka on or before Friday, 27th February, 2015 at 14:30 hours local time. LATE BIDS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Tenders will be opened thereafter in the main Board Room on the 2nd Floor, Premium House, Independence Avenue, in the presence of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend.
- All Bidders are requested to attend site visit meetings to be conducted at the various locations through the office of the Group Real Estates Manager respectively at Bidder’s own cost. For arrangement, bidders are requested to contact the Group Real Estate Manager, on cell no. +260 977 806 600 or Tel: +260 211 229343/4. Site visit is a mandatory requirement.
- Bidders are reminded to bring with them identification cards/information to facilitate their smooth entry into Premium House, ZSIC Limited for tender opening.
ZSIC Limited reserves the right to amend the bidding document which will be communicated through an addendum.
|Description of Item||Date|
|1||Date and Time of commencement of inspection /Sale of Bid Document||6th February, 2015 at 09:00 hours. Bidding documents may be purchased at ZSIC Limited Offices for a non-refundable fee of K500.00 or its equivalent in a freely-convertible currency, for each set.|
|2||Last date for requesting any clarification||7 days before the closing date.|
|Premium House, Lusaka||13/02/2015 @ 10.00 hours|
|Woodgate House, Lusaka||13/02/2015 @ 14.30 hours|
|39 Colet House, Ndola||16/02/2015 @ 09.00 hours|
|Ex-Legal Building, Kitwe||17/02/2015 @ 09.00 hours|
|4||Last Date and Time for Receipt of Bids at ZSIC Limited (Address as given below)||Friday 27th February, 2015 at 14.30 hours|
|5||Date and Time of opening Bids||Friday 27th February, 2015 at 14:30 hours|
- The Bid should be signed, dated and witnessed in all places provided for in the documents; all other papers should be initialled.
- The person, signing the Bid on behalf of another person or on behalf of firm shall attach with Bid a certified copy of the power of attorney on a non-judicial stamp paper of requisite value duly executed in his favour by such person or all the partners of the firm and must state specifically that he has authority to sign such tenders for and on behalf of other person or firm as the case may be, and in all matters pertaining to the contract.
- Bids in sealed envelopes should be addressed to the:
The Group Head-Administration & Purchasing ZSIC Limited, Premium House P.O. Box 31933 LUSAKA
Tel: +260 211229343/4