The Bank of Zambia has made a provision towards the cost of medicinal drugs and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this provision to cover eligible payments under the contracts for the supply and delivery of Drugs.
2. The Bank of Zambia now invites sealed bids from interested eligible Bidders for the
Tender for the supply and delivery of drugs.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the Bidding Documents at the Bank of Zambia, 7th Floor, Annex Building or Bank of Zambia, Regional Office – Ndola. The fax numbers are 01-221648 or 02 614251. HOWEVER, BIDS SUBMITTED VIA FACSMILE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
5. Bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders from either the Bank of Zambia, 7th Floor, Annex Building, Cairo Road, Lusaka, or from Bank of Zambia, Regional Office, Buteko Avenue, Ndola upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Five Hundred Kwacha (K500.00) inclusive of VAT or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency at the prevailing exchange rate, in cash or Bankers’ cheque.
6. Sealed bids must be deposited in the Tender Box situated on the 7th Floor, Annex
Building, Bank of Zambia, Cairo Road Lusaka on or before Wednesday, 19th
February 2014 at 10:00 hours local time.
Late, faxed and electronic bids will be rejected. Tenders will be opened thereafter in the presence of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend.
7. The Bank of Zambia shall, in evaluating a bid, adjust the bid price in order to facilitate Preferential Evaluation of a bid as follows:
a) for a Citizen- influenced Company, by 4%
b) for a Citizen- empowered Company, by 8%,
c) for a Citizen- owned Company, by 12%, and Nationality of the bidder shall not be a condition for eligibility
8. Prospective Bidders are invited to attend a Pre-Bid Conference on Wednesday, 5th February, 2014 at 14:30 hours local time in the Procurement and Maintenance Conference Room, 7th Floor, Annex Building Lusaka.
9. Prospective Bidders are reminded to bring with them identification cards/information
to facilitate their entry into the Bank.
Director-Procurement & Maintenance Services
Bank of Zambia
7th Floor, Annex Building
P O Box 30080
Tel: 228888 Fax: 221648