The Ministry of Education, Science, Vocational Training and Early Education has received financing from the Government Republic of Zambia toward the cost of Learning Materials, and it intends to apply pan of this financing to payments under the Contract for supply and delivery of school text books for grades 2, 6, 9 and 11 based on the new curriculum to schools and districts throughout the Country.
The Ministry of Education, Science, Vocational Training and Early Education now invite a sealed bid from eligible bidders/publishers for supply and delivery of school text books for grades 2, 6, 9 and 11 based on the new curriculum to schools and districts throughout the Country.
Bidding will be conducted through the Open National Bidding (ONB) procedures specified in the Public Procurement Act of 2008 and the Public Procurement Regulations of 2011, and is directed to eligible bidders/publishers.
Eligible bidders/publishers should obtain further information from Ministry of Education, Science, Vocational Training and Early Education – Head of Procurement and inspect the Bidding Document at the address given below.
Street Address: Corner of Mogadishu/Chimanga Road
Floor/ Room number: Ground Floor/G013 City: LUSAKA
ZIP Code: 10101 Country: ZAMBIA
Telephone:+260211 251318 Facsimile number:+260 211 251318
Office Hours: 08:30 to 16:00 hours
Documentation requirements include:
• Proof of valid registration with the Book Publishers Association of Zambia a must.
• Certificate of registration/incorporation issued by Patents and Company Registration Agency (PACRA).
• Valid Tax Clearance Certificate.
• Share holding Capital and List of Directors.
• Manufacturers/Publishers to demonstrate their production and financial capacity to perform a contract (Submit verifiable information on machinery, staff and other competences required to produce the required equipment or supplies).
• Bidders shall submit the Power of Attorney issued by Management or Board of Directors on the Official Letter Head in line with the sample form provided in the annex. The Power of Attorney may be issued by a registered Legal Practitioner where applicable.
• Manufacturers/ Publishers shall submit a properly completed Warranty Clause Form in line with the sample form while general suppliers should submit a manufacturer’s authorisation in line with sample form.
• Bidders should submit the Litigation Status from their Attorney and the purchaser shall determine the risks highlighted in the litigation status and shall reserve the right to either accept or reject the bid.
CEEC preferential treatment “shall be applied. Additional details are provided in the Solicitation Document.
A complete set of Solicitation Document in English should be purchased by eligible bidders/publishers on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee of Zambian Kwacha Five Hundred (K500.00). The method of payment will be in cash or Bank/Manager ‘s cheque. The Solicitation Document will be sent by collected from the Office of Head of Procurement.
Bid must be delivered to the address below at or before 10:00 hours on 25 March 2015. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person or on-line at the address below. The bid must be accompanied by a “Bid-Securing Declaration
ADDRESS FOR BID SUBMISSION:
The Permanent Secretary,
Attention: Head MEPSU
Ministry of Education, Science, Vocational Training and Early Education Headquarters Building.
Street Address: Corner of Mogadisliu/Cltimanga Road,
Deposit in: Tender Box on 2nd Floor
Tender Opening: 2nd Floor Main Conference Room P. O. Box 50093 LUSAKA, Zambia
Tel: No. +260 – 211- 250855/251318, Fax No. +260 -211- 254139/251318